2004/12/25

Well, I officially suck.

Sooo. Yesterday I finished outlining my novel. The index cards are still all over the floor, but they're in order now. The printout of my first draft is also in the same order - ready to become fodder for the second draft. I wrote up my outline in a list form and stuck that into my official online backup location. All I have to do is start from the top and rewrite the whole thing until I get to the bottom.

And I can't start. I don't know how. At all. :(

This is irritating because it's not like I've never written a scene description before. It's not like I've never written an action scene before. But for some reason, maybe because this is a combination of description and action together ... maybe someone here has some ideas of what I should do next?

The first sentence is: "The temple was under siege." What do YOU think should come next? :p

A longwinded description of what the temple looks like and the hill it's sitting on in the meadow? I would assume not. Jump straight into the action without describing what anything looks like? That doesn't seem right either. Start with a different sentence? How would YOU go about describing a battle as your very first scene in the book, that introduces the reader to everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment