2005/03/03

regrouping yet again

Well, it's March, everyone else seems to be cranking away on editing for Edmo. I would've signed up if I had anything to edit. I could work on Temple, but I didn't want to commit to any set amount of time on it. Rather just go at my own pace. Especially since I'm not quite sure I shouldn't write the rest of the series before I start polishing all of them up together.

There's also Dragonfly hanging, plus a science paper. Those are short and won't take up 50 hours of editting even if I did do them as part of Edmo.

So what's the rest of my year looking like now? If I go with the 3 Day Novel dare, then the bulk of my time should be focused on that. I'm the exact opposite of all you right-brained folks - I don't have zillions of ideas handy. They stew up slowly, and I can't have a ton of other projects going on simultaneously if I want it to be good - at least not in time for Labor Day.

This means that my plans for April Fools, Summer Fun Run, and Nano have to shift a bit. The original idea was to do Amulet I for April, Taint for the summer, and then Amulet II for November. (All of these are in the same series as Temple.) Instead, I might forgo April and the summer, and instead try to do two novels in November - Amulet I and Taint, and punt Amulet II to next year. That would give me longer prep times for all three of this year's novels so that hopefully, by the time it comes to actually write them, the writing will go fast.

Then I need to somehow get down to work on everything. :P I'm finding myself spending unconscionable amounts of time on solitaire lately. Must do something about that ...

Roleplay still takes up a lot more time than I like, but there's nowhere that I can really cut. All the less important games that I'd hoped would die have already died, and the one remaining game is moving so slowly that it might as well be dead. (Plus we're in the middle of combat rounds, so there's not much actual writing going on. Combat runs extremely slowly when the GM only posts once a week :p.)

There are 4 games that I absolutely cannot quit, and then a 5th game, a Wraith the Oblivion, where I will soon be running 5-6 shadow characters (possibly only 5 because it looks like we might've lost a player). Then my favorite GM was talking about starting a new game in a month or two and of course my answer to that is already yes. :p

So at the moment, this leaves me with 8 characters in 5 active games, plus 5-6 shadows as soon as everyone in that game dies and acquires shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment