2008/03/02

New Plot Bunny: "The Hand"

Well, it turns out that the song I mentioned in my last post was inspired by a trilogy someone else already wrote - Farseer by Robin Hobb.

However, that didn't stop my brain from munching on it anyway, only not as something that has to do with Moraina and James, but as a completely different story. I think it'll be the same overall fuzzy setting that everything else is in, because I keep borrowing setting elements back and forth between them all - but the characters are all-new, and the story is based on the song lyrics. (Well, the backstory of one of the characters is copied from a snippet of backstory to something I wrote for Rumen... still, no reason why I can't use it twice...).

So far I have three key characters, a whole lot of political setup and background worked out, the opening scene, some fuzzy middle plot twists, and two elements of the ending. I've heard that for a lot of other people, that's enough to start doing the actual writing.

Guess I'll give it a go and see what happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment