Well, so far my month hasn't gone at all the way I'd planned... instead of writing two BrightHub and two eHow articles, I ended up writing one BrightHub and (so far) seven eHows. None of the eHows I wrote were the two I'd originally had in mind. In fact I now have a whole series for eHow I could do, all based on Bloons Tower Defense.
BrightHub, meanwhile, is completely revamping the way they do things, which makes them less attractive to write for (which is why I only wrote one of my assigned articles). I'd signed up so I could write low-view basic science articles and get a $10 advance, rather than put them out on ad-revenue-only where they won't earn anything. But now BrightHub only wants high-view articles, and people who can't do it get axed in April. Which sort of defeats the whole point of writing for them. The environmental science channel editor thinks I can still meet their minimum quota though. So I'll give it the old college try...
They also added me to five more channels, all health related. I guess I should probably write at least one article for each of them. January looks like it's going to be pretty busy, nonfiction-wise.
As for fiction, well, the group that formed up during Nanowrimo is going to start weekly meetings in January, so I'll have ample opportunity to at least think about writing. Rationally, I should finish off Bus and start sending it around, then start working on Amulet I again. At this point I'm thinking I need to just let Aliacorba/Thomas tell me his life story in first person. He hasn't been very cooperative with most of what I want to do with the stories where he's a major character, so, I guess I should just let him do the talking for once.
Rumen, meanwhile, is starting to reassert his presence too. So I'll probably be back to working on stuff with him in it too.
Also, so far no response from Americorps. Of course, neither of the references I listed have returned their comments about me, and I'm hoping that it's not waiting on that. Meanwhile I found another science research assistant job to apply for, this one in Seattle. We'll see if that one pans out any better than any of the rest...
2009/12/23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment