2010/02/24

More nonfiction updating

Of course, right after I decided to set up shop at Associated Content, I checked out Hubfolio. Then someone mentioned Bukisa - which does the same thing, pay per thousand views, but at over twice the rate. So: all mention of "Associated Content" in my previous post should be replaced with "Bukisa." I signed up and set up my profile, but haven't written any articles for them yet. Been feeling kind of lazy about moving previously existing articles off eHow. So I'll probably write my RotMK series there first.

I did some keyword checking, and nobody is searching for RotMK, period. It wouldn't be a good thing to put on Bright Hub, even if they approved, since it wouldn't give me the number of views I need to carry the science articles - which is the primary purpose of writing them there. However, because I'd already pitched Bloons (and the editor even approved it initially), and because I'd mentioned moving my Dragcave articles to Hubfolio, I'm going to hold off on doing anything with those just yet. At this rate, though, it doesn't look like I'm going to get added to Hubfolio anytime soon, and even if I did, I'm not allowed to link to any articles on it. So very likely the Dragcave ones will be going to Bukisa too.

Anyway: the month is winding down, and I did write five articles this month, two of which are still in committee. I also made some diagrams to add to the micro RNA article, but they got rejected. No explanation either - I'm planning to ask next month when editor crunchtime is over. Have to get the environmental science editor to kick the fish articles back out of her queue too.

But all that wasn't why I started this blog post. I also signed up for a free Intro to SEO series over email, and they keep giving me links to useful stuff. So the point of this blog post is to have a list in one place.

1. SEO Glossary
2. Google Traffic Estimator
3. Keyword Suggestion Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment