It's Camp Nanowrimo time, where we're supposed to write 50,000 words in 31 days of August. They had one for July too. It's the first year they're doing these. And just like SFFMuse Summer Fun Run, I don't seem to be getting into it the way I do for November. Maybe next year when I have a long time to plan in advance to do something significant over two months.
This year I'm continuing work on Vengeance. Which of course is already started, but it's really the only thing I feel like working on at the moment. That's the problem with marathons anymore. The rules always say to start completely new work (or restart second drafts from the beginning). I have too many things already started and in progress, I don't need more of them. I don't have a clue what I'm even going to do in November because all of Fortress Launne is now done for first drafts, and what I need to do next is ... not edits exactly, but not technically new writing either.
So what I'm doing for Camp Nanowrimo is quasi new material, quasi edits, that continue what I need to do for Vengeance.
So far all I've done is write yet another version of the park scene. I have at least three saved versions in addition to the one I just wrote, plus there were a couple others I wrote that didn't save. None of it sounds more right than the others, but at least none of them are completely wrong, either. I guess I need to cobble together the good parts of everything and somehow make it work as a single scene. Having done it so many times in a row, I have the basic gist of what happens in it:
1. Rumen is so distracted by Craig being able to see the true form of him feeding, he fails to notice Katrina's arrival. This annoys him even more and he stomps off in a huff.
2. Katrina was assigned to collect intel surrounding Stockade Storage. She brought maps.
3. Robert, who is next in rank below Rumen, went to the armory to collect gear for himself, Simon, and Craig. He arrives second.
4.
=====
[Apparently I got distracted and never finished whatever I was going to say here. Might as well put up what I had. --2013 Oct 10]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment