2015/07/25

Winding Down Camp Nano for July

1917 words.

There's almost a week left to the month, but I'm not likely to do any more fiction during it. On the bright side, this is the first time I've been in a cabin where no one did zero words. All six of us did at least 500, two have reached goal, and a third is really close to it. Hooray for the cabin as a whole!

All 1917 of my words happened in the first week. I fast forwarded through the sea voyage so that they could get to the inside-facing continent, which is populated by giant sentient telepathic plants. Most of the words established setting info about the plants and what they're up to, and then there was an opening conversation between a plant and Our Heroes.

I have no idea what to do with it next, plotwise or otherwise. The other big thing I kept stalling out on was how to describe the sky at any given point, and what direction the voyagers are going relative to what things in the sky are doing. What I really need to do next is to make a scale model of the planetary system with all the moons in it, so that I can point a flashlight at it in the dark.

Either that or what I really have here is an idea for a video game, and now I should go learn digital art. This seems to happen to most of my space-based sci-fi ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment