I'm kicking around several ideas, but so far leaning in favor of working on Fortress Launne some more. It's the only thing I've tried during a Nanowrimo where I actually get more than 50k words, and it's been long enough since the last time I looked (Nanowrimo 2014, basically). Reading back over the blog posts from Nanowrimo 2014, I think what would make the most sense is to rewrite Temple.
It also occurred to me that what Aliacorba gave to Iorli in exchange for the protection of the spirit cougars on his family line was the pearl. I was reading a post where I was pondering this out loud and the thought just popped up: "the pearl of course." Of course. Hmm.
Other options: well, I could more-or-less fanfic Numenera. In the first game of it I was in, I had a character named Lanash Jahat. Lanash didn't like the less than stellar morality of the rest of the group, and so I wanted to have him wander off while I replaced him with a different character that was more suitable (a mercenary type who wouldn't care how money was earned, as long as he got his share). The GM didn't agree, and decided on a complicated way to throw out the whole rest of the game in favor of everyone following Lanash around when he wandered off. He neglected to mention he was going to do this to the rest of the players, however, and it didn't go over well, and although everyone else gamely tried to follow along, all of the spark died, and the game ended soon after.
Anyway, so I had thoughts for what Lanash was going to do after he left the rest of the group - basically pursue his original goals from his backstory. So I could write a whole adventure focused around that. Maybe put in some other characters. I also had other character ideas before the game, including one for a lattimor, that might work as another focus for a story.
I also have a Numenera game running on rpol. Pretty sure I could come up with stories out of that, too. Especially since Brent mentioned that he was going to write backstory for his character in it. So we'd be working on very similar things and presumably our brainwaves would sync up better during write-ins...
I guess I have almost a month to decide. I'm starting early because Alcar and Kelli have both started talking about it and seem stoked. Kelli and I might've also convinced Regina to give it a try. Guess we'll see if that pans out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment