2005/04/26

home ownership

So... my mother has decided that I am going to buy a house.

The fact that I have no actual money has not sunk in. Nor that I am almost completely incapable of even keeping my apartment clean, let alone have to worry about all the maintenance (and yard work! *shudder*) on top of that.

So far saying a flat out "no" hasn't worked. Nor has being sullen and snippy about the subject. Nor throwing a tantrum (somehow, those just don't seem to be as impressive when they're being done online...). Nor intentionally being totally apathetic about the whole house-hunting process. She just keeps coming back with more links to potential houses that I could buy.

This has been going on for almost a year. *head, desk*

So at a guess, it looks like I'll be moving when my lease is up in June. (*groans heavily* god I so don't wanna move right now...). At least I'll finally be able to get myself a cat.

Argh. Mothers. *sigh*

(Heh. My mother is actually a pretty good one, compared to those of certain other people's. Always trying to do what's best for me even if she has to drag me kicking and screaming into it. And puts her kids ahead of herself, always - such as by planning to pay for the down payment on this house even though she has plenty of her own debts to be paying for instead. But still. I don't wanna buy a house... *head, desk*)

No comments:

Post a Comment