2005/05/30

State of my personal endeavors

1. Taint
I wrote the first scene last week. Introduced three minor background characters, and now three more characters are about to arrive - including one of the two MCs. I'm debating whether I should switch POV to the MC, or leave it at the original guy.

2. Temple
I finished off one of the unfinished scenes. Started it back in February and then stalled out. Ran across it while I was looking something up for my Taint scene. As it stands now, the last 5 paragraphs will need some heavy revising later on, but I definitely have some idea of what direction to go next with it. I've pulled out my index cards again, too, to see what I still need to write to finish telling the whole story. There's about 5 major scenes still to be covered.

3. Freewriting
I'm working on another 25k word freewrite. I've decided to drop the bar to 25k. So far there's about 15k in it, and I have two more days to finish it up before May runs out.

It would be done by now except that I've been seriously sucked into Diablo 2 lately. It's kind of analogous to comfort food for my mind. Very long story short, I seem to have lost almost all of my friends at the same time. :( (See #4 for one of them.)

4. Roleplay
At the moment, almost at a standstill. Two active games. I'm a bit blocked for a post to one of them at the moment. The rest are dead because my favorite roleplay buddy has a brand new son. :) So he's kind of not around much for roleplaying right at the moment.

The major downside of this is that I severely lack my primary muse right now, and I can definitely feel his absence.

5. House stuff
I finished assembling the second new bookcase and arranged my electronics on it. This means that my other desk is now cleared off and ready for my new computer, when I have the funds to get it this summer. :)

Next up is to clear off the two tall shelves that are basically filled with mounds of random stuff. Paper sorting and filing is one of the next major steps. At a time like this, I definitely wish I could just fly in ellsea and get her to do it instead. ;)

After the paper storm, I'll finally be able to finish shelving the rest of my books. My textbooks are currently stacked against a corner, and the stack of hardbacks measures about 5 feet tall.

I'm going to need to buy something for my CDs/cassettes too. Guess that's next on the furniture purchases list.

6. Stranger on a Bus
That's gone back to the backburner for more rumination again. I bought a new road atlas last weekend, though, so I can get some idea of what exactly the bus route is going to be, and then try to invent fictional town names that sound like they are consistent with what's in the rest of the state. (Going the route of fictional towns because I don't have a clue what the bus stations look like at most of the real ones...).

7. Summer Fun Run at SFFMuse
I'm beginning to think that this might be just the right kind of kick in the pants I need to get going on Taint and finishing up Temple. 1k words a day should be fairly simple, compared to the average 2300/day that I did for Nano, right?

***

I think that pretty much covers what I've been up to lately. I know I've been quiet. Not really feeling all that sociable. Just been a bit down in the past week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment