2005/06/01

SFFMuse Summer Fun Run Day 1

Well, I ended last night with 358 rough draft roleplay words, none of which are going to make it into the final post. :p Half of it was a list of possible things to write about (all of them bad), the rest reads like a train wreck. I suck! I suck, I suck, I suck... *bangs head against desk*

Basically I spent 3 hours sitting there staring at the thread and being seriously unclued about what to write for it. Seriously unclued. The other three people in the scene wrote extremely lengthy tomes for posts, but I just can't summon up any enthusiasm to respond to anything they wrote. I don't want to respond to any of it. I don't want to write it at all. I was tempted to post a one-liner and be done with it but that'll suck worse than making everyone wait for me.

Writing stuff with actual deadlines, where other people are being held up, where what I write has to actually fit the scene it's going into, is a lot different than just writing whatever I want whenever I want. But I've been procrastinating this way too long and it needs to get done, and I refuse to do anything else until I post something. Anything. Anything at all ... *sighs*.

Tonight it's back to the salt mines on that exact same post again. While I was going to bed last night, I did get some glimmerings of ideas for what I might try next. Maybe instead of trying to write my actual character, I will write scenery and talk about what the wraiths are doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment