SFFMuse Summer Fun Run: [ 39,518/60,000 | 61 days down | 0 days left ]
Uneditted roleplay: 11,867
Writing-heavy roleplay: 2232
Temple: 4555
Taint: 2442
Freewrites: 18,422
So close, and yet so far ... ;). I would've preferred to pass 40k but yesterday I drove for 5 hours, so that didn't happen.
Why did I drive 5 hours? I'm a dork. :p I went up to Macon (2.5 hours from Savannah) for dinner with my favorite GM. He was coming down from Nashville for work-related purposes in Atlanta. We'd never met offline before. As offline meetings go with online friends, we instantly had plenty of things to talk about - all the same things we would normally talk about online. Lots and lots of discussion of roleplaying games that we play together. It really doesn't matter that I didn't know what his physical appearance was before now - although he turned out to not even slightly resemble his online persona. That's not a big surprise either; I think it's more unusual when I meet someone who does manage to look the same.
And just as a note for anyone else attempting to meet online people and has never done it before: Always make sure the first meeting is in a public place with lots of people around. ;) My favorite GM and I met at a restaurant. Talking was a bit hard because it was loud in there, but it went well. I'll probably put him down as a stopping point in my trips to Indiana from now on, since I do drive through Nashville on the way up.
Anyhow, I wrote 8,421 freewrite words over the course of Saturday, and then a smattering of roleplay posts Sunday. Grand total: 39,518. All but the Saturday's freewrite words were counted with BBEdit, which is extremely lax about what it considers a separate word. (Yesterday's freewrite was counted with the Alphasmart's wordcounter which is more strict.) I'd rather use a more strict wordcounter but then I would have to fire up an actual word processor, and I like BBEdit better for everything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment