2007/08/07

Still alive now, too

Well, I basically spent SFR time working on a Wikipedia article about the place where I work. This included online research, offline research via books from the library, interrogating three people who work there, making photos, and politicking to have a couple small maps added in (which aren't there currently because that part isn't done yet). Then there was all the writing, revising, more writing, more revising, reorganizing, and still more revising. At this point it's looking pretty good. There are three other small blurbs of info I want to add in later on, but probably not for a couple weeks while I take a break from it all.

Aside from that, I have a newish daily blog. Now that it's been up and running for nearly two months, I think I can safely say that keeping up with daily short blog entries isn't as out of my reach as I'd originally figured. I try to include a wide variety of topics for a very general audience. Some days I can't come up with anything worth saying, but people seem to like the inane things too, so it isn't too totally pointless. Come visit. :)

I've started reading Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne but haven't gotten too far into it yet.

Next on my list of Wikipedia articles to reconstruct is RPoL's. Coincidentally enough, I just got warning today that some of the site's "favorite" idiots are plotting to mangle it for their own purposes. The politicking never ends, I guess. What it means for me is that I better get cracking. (No rest for the weary either.)

As for roleplaying, it's still exactly the same as the last time I posted here about it. I've slowed down to once-a-week posts for everywhere. It isn't that I post everywhere once a week, it's that I post in a few places every day or so, and these rotate along with stuff I'm doing on Wikipedia and elsewhere. Everything advances slowly together.

As for fiction writing... looks like I'm slowly ruminating toward yet another attempt at Amulet I for Nanowrimo 2007. That'll be my third attempt. I guess each iteration does get me closer to the story I'm actually trying to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment