Been a while since I've checked in.
I stopped working on Myan basically after I finished writing the previous blog post. Ironically it's probably the one that I have the best clue about how to finish - but my mind has wandered off to other projects.
At the moment I'm back on Nanowrimo 2007 - Edward. Some brainstorming rose up over Christmas break, and then I reread what I already had, and now I'm trying to figure out how best to use the brainstorm ideas. Basically, the ritual I'd written before - plus the scene immediately before it - are getting crossed out. They'll be useful for prose fodder later, but I'm paring back to the point where Charles realizes that Edward is dead, and moving forward from there.
So, what's next? James needs to get Charles back together again, and then they need to go talk to Negituka and Aliacorba about designing a ritual. Those scenes will cannibalize the first draft discussion I already have. Then I write the updated version of the ritual. If all goes according to plan, I'll know how to proceed after it's over, too.
Another online community I'm in, called the UCF (stands for any number of things depending on who you ask and when you ask it, but "Us Cool Folks" is a good stand-in), has plans for a February writing marathon similar to Nanowrimo. That's when I'll probably doing the bulk of the above-mentioned writing.
All in all, I'm feeling better about writing as a whole these days. In the Fortress Launne series, there are now: Edward (2007), Amulet II (2005), Temple (2004), and Myan (2008). (In 2006 I wrote stuff, but nothing coherent, apparently. o.O) The worldbuilding around all of these is starting to fall into place. There's a lot of work to do, but at the moment it doesn't feel overwhelming. I think I can I think I can. :)
The Rumen stories are on the backburner at the moment. I worked out a bit of backstory for one of the other protags in The Hand over Christmas break too, but it's staying in rumination mode for the duration.
2009/01/17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment