Well, the UCF writeathon turned out to be anticlimactic. Plenty of people signed up but nobody did much. I guess everyone was busy with work or school. I wanted to get in 30k words but ended up with just short of 3k. It turns out that I don't do so well when I have to work full-time at the same time. But I managed half a chapter of Bus (Labor Day Novel 2005), 1740 words toward Edward (though I still didn't make it to the ritual, I have all the precursor setup in place now), and 192 words toward Vengeance Returns.
Then I continued with the chapter of Vengeance Returns after the month ended, and it's now 1139 words long. This is chapter 4, where Craig meets Aaron for the first time, and I'm at the part where Aaron receives the ransom letter about his not-girlfriend who got kidnapped last night. I wrote the letter he's getting (which brings the wordcount total to 1312), and he's at the point of reading it now.
On the whole, it looks like I'm going to stick with a strategy of fitting in bits and pieces of writing whenever I have time. I've basically stopped blogging, writing for ehow, and roleplaying. Now it's a matter of not getting sucked into too many Facebook games....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment