Due in large part to an internet outage, I wrote 900 words toward Chapter 5 over the weekend. Craig and Rumen got together and compared notes, and now they're heading into a park where Rumen wants to eat something (someone >.>) before they head over to the warehouse to break in and rescue the damsel in distress. This part isn't directly related to the main plot, as I've laid it out thus far at any rate - but it's the intro to the real story I want to tell. Craig is going to recognize something about the way Rumen feeds, which reminds him of what happened to his family back when he was 4.
Then, I've also pretty much decided that in Chapter 6 when they go to unkidnap Alice, they're actually going to walk into an ambush. The Bad Guy is smarter than them. ;) So then they'll end up trapped in a locked warehouse, and have to figure out how to break out of that and still get Alice before Aaron's meeting.
I've also decided that the proposed partnership can only come to fruition between a necromancer and vampire with a series of three lengthy rituals. So there will be plenty of time for something to interrupt (i.e. Our Heroes) before the full binding completes. Furthermore, the lengthy rituals in question were originally created by Alec - the necromancer servant that Rumen lost 200 years ago to hunters that happened to be Craig's relatives.
I'm pretty excited about where this'll go, once I get the details fixed up in Chapter 5. At the moment I'm editting the part I've already written so that I can put it in front of my alpha reader. Once that's done, I'll figure out the exact details of what happens in the park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment