I haven't actually looked at anything writing-related since August. I don't plan to look now, either, since I've got an apartment move to get through first. In the last week of October though, I'll open up the Scrivener file again and figure out the details of what I'm doing.
Off the top of my head at the moment though:
1. Amulet I - basically I still need to write the third part of the three-part story. I have nothing at all so far. The key plot points that need to happen will be:
- Charles and Felna get the world through the Sundering and Melding.
- Nathaniel battles the Demon.
- James (and possibly Charles, depending on what happens) returns to Lagarnica to face their father.
2. Triangle I - there isn't really anything in this one that I can think of that still needs to be written from nothing. I've decided that Antoine was basically just following orders and the established protocol when he was sent to the area to scout it out and set up the chantry. Part of the package deal is to set up some in's with the local political powers. That's all that the poisoning of Frank was about - the expectation was that Henry would approach Antoine as the only Tainted mage in the area to ask for help, because that's what the mages are known to be good for, and therefore end up in Antoine's debt. Only, the Stranahans end up talking to the natives and then Nathaniel instead, so the ploy didn't really work. Then, beyond that, Antoine is primarily a weather mage, so his other role is to fight off the hurricane (and make the chantry at the same time) (and also Nathaniel plants his anchor at the same time).
All of that would be things to fix during revisions though, not new material, so I don't have anything planned to work on during November.
And somewhere I'll need to work in a mention of when and how the pearl got dug up from the Hall of Trees, since it was no longer there by the time Janis went to visit. I'm kind of thinking that the nearness of the phoenix might've had something to do with it, like they called to each other.
3. Triangle II - the back half of the story is what happens after Janis loses Thomas. Jacob is going to be a fairly important viewpoint character. He already knows Janis as one of the students, though she's not in the sciences. She's going to be fairly distraught over Thomas's disappearance. Jacob will figure out who she is. Meanwhile, Thomas will carry out making the cure as the king ordered, and then try to escape. Jacob, not being an idiot and having raised 4 kids, is already prepared for that, what with stout fences, bird spies, and Josephine assigned to lurk the perimeter. It's kind of open-ended from there, but eventually it's supposed to lead to Jacob financing the culture center that Janis wants to build, and then Thomas discovering that Jacob financed it. I also have some preliminary thoughts about how Mark is getting thrown in; he's also a university student, and maybe he IS in the sciences, and Jacob assigns him to do his thesis work as an interdisciplinary project with Janis's thesis work.
This part will be glorious, I can feel it. :)
4. Amulet II - well, where I left off with this was, the university tried and failed to attack the farm, and now Antoine and Adrien have to somehow be run out of town. A return show of force from Mindy isn't going to do the trick - there's no way it would end well for Mindy if she attacked the university. However: one of the quirks that Antoine has is that he calls himself a lord, even though he actually isn't one and never has been. He just wants the basic level of respect that comes with it. So, Mindy can do some digging and find out that he's not actually a lord, and have this info revealed to the local nobility at an inconvenient time. And then the mage council will decide it's simplest to reassign Antoine to somewhere else.
5. Temple - my main plan here is to rewrite the whole thing from the beginning, as that would be faster and simpler than trying to edit from what I already have. There are a few scenes here and there that I'll keep from 2004 but not many. It should go faster the second time around, because I've already got the notes and detailed timeline that I worked out while writing it the first time.
6. Birthright - I think there's a few more mobster scenes I need to do to finish off that section of the story. Then, I really need to figure out what happens after Jalai opens the magic box. That's where I stopped before. Mid-scene, Jalai opens the box ... and then, "the end."
I think all I've decided so far is that Jalai ends up with the bird, Mindy ends up with the dragon, Janis gets the pearl, and Grandmother gets the box (which she will then have to pass to Uncle's daughter instead). I'd like for something a bit more unified to happen than that though, rising from the box as a whole. Maybe Arthur will make an appearance while they're on the plain with the lightpost, since the original point was to make a clandestine rendezvous for him and the other guy's wife.
7. Myan - The zombies are going to finally attack, and then the whole thing will move forward from that point. Myan gets destroyed, the zombies march on to Fortress Launne and try to destroy the three anchors, forces at Fortress Launne will oppose them. Who will win? I have no idea. I'm not opposed to the demon getting out, and the city getting destroyed, by the end of the story. But will see where it wants to go.
That's the plan anyway. I'm looking forward to getting started.
No comments:
Post a Comment