2014/09/11

Dragonfly revisited ... again

So today I heard that a new specfic online magazine, Uncanny, has just finished setting up and are ready for short story submissions. They want "intricate, experimental stories and poems with gorgeous prose, verve, and imagination that elicit strong emotions and challenge beliefs." Well, it occurs to me that Dragonfly might definitely count as experimental, and it has certainly elicited strong emotions in a few people that have read it (notably evilkate, even though I can no longer find where I would've posted it where she could've seen it anymore...). Plus the magazine is so new that there is no example of what they're looking for yet so, in theory anyway, that possibly means the style field is wide open!

It took me a while to find my last good draft of Dragonfly. The original draft from March 2005 is everywhere in my files, but I had the revised version buried. Luckily, the search feature on this Mac works pretty good, and I found one from Oct 16 2009 - which would've been right before I sent it off to Glimmer Train before. I think I'll give it a detailed reread this weekend and if it still looks presentable, I'll send it on out again.


No comments:

Post a Comment