2014/11/26

Things are going too slow ...

35,795 words in the middle of the 26th.

My wordcount progress has slowed to a crawl. Lots of stuff going on in Real Life getting in the way I guess. There's only a few days left, and I have to somehow write at least 3k words per day. I hope I make it. It would kind of suck if it's the first time I don't (not counting last year).

Most of the newest words have been for Birthright. I've been adding scenes into the mobsters part of the storyline, and trying to come up with plausible Belgians. They're supposed to steal the box and this somehow leads to their downfall in the story. They've stolen the box, but not for any good reason, and I'm not really sure what to do to them next. Meanwhile, in another part of the storyline, I wrote a couple more scenes relating to the explosion of the cargo ship, and then there's going to be a second banquet at Mindy's where she yells at everyone involved. There's a total of 7939 words for Birthright now.

I also need to somehow add mention of the spirit wolves to Triangle II and Amulet II. They were there, and there needs to be some background development since they were sparked to life in Triangle I  and there's basically nothing about them after that until they die in Temple.

I also kind of want to dump the whole Sundering idea. But then I'm back at the original problem with the second part of Amulet I - why would the Eenin help the Duchenes.

I think for now, I'm going to see if I can put some of the Mort Lewis / Demon conversations on stage, see how many words that turns into. Then, I'm kind of tempted to put that claw from the Dark Ages game into the southwest part of the plain - the one that pierces through every layer of reality. It would make the most sense for it to have appeared after Nathaniel and the Demon battle each other. The fun part is, that part of the plain is also where Lady Valdren's lair is. Of course, she's been making Zerg since she moved in, so maybe it would make sense for her to be a little bit evil.

Oh well, off to write some words while I'm at an actual write-in (though it's a small one with just Brent).

No comments:

Post a Comment