2014/12/01

A few brainstorm notes

So of course I started having ideas about how to fix the second part of Amulet I after I went to bed, after Nanowrimo was over...

1. The Duchenes move in.
2. Moraina sets up her hut at the edge of the encampment, by the river, because she doesn't want to live in the fort.
3. Moraina helps out the spearhunter that fell into the ravine right before a hurricane.
4. The leader of the Eenin of Branitel visit Moraina and they become friends.
5. The Eenin ask Moraina what the story is with the Duchenes. Moraina tells them.
6. The Eenin help Edward because they like Moraina, and because she'd helped them out with their spearhunter.

That would make things a ton simpler than trying to come up with whole new complicated things for the entire universe to do. :p And what's even better, I've already written #1-4. I don't know why I didn't want to make Moraina a more central part of the story before, but really, why wouldn't she be? The Eenin are matriarchal, of course they'd want to talk to her over talking to the Duchenes, plus she's descended from Drunin, and they can compare notes about their life experiences as nin people. It'll also make the Duchenes super uncomfortable to have to go through her to talk to the Eenin, which can get nicely dramatic. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment