2015/12/07

Nano 2015 - Epilogue

10,502 words.

It was pretty obvious around 5k words or so that I wasn't going to have enough things to rant about for 50k words, and 10k was about as far as it was going to get. I got there, and have more words than I would've had if I hadn't participated, so, good enough. A lengthy worldbuilding exercise doesn't turn out to be as much fun as writing an actual story, so I probably won't try it again.

I think mostly I was just doing it this year to be social, which is kind of ironic because there aren't all that many people in the local area to be social with about Nanowrimo. The write-ins weren't especially well-attended, and neither was the wrap party yesterday. I didn't go to the kickoff because I wasn't here, but from what the ML said, it was pretty small also.

Oh well.

Meanwhile, the academic paper I'd been working on for the last six months got officially submitted to the journal on Dec. 1, and that felt almost like winning Nanowrimo. So I definitely accomplished things in November that were writing-related, even if they weren't fiction. Again, good enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment