2016/04/04
Poetry Per Day
Thing learned recently on Facebook: that Ray Bradbury said to write a poem every day. Someone I follow there, Steven Barnes, has decided to do this (again, he's done this before apparently), and I liked the poem he shared. It sounds like something I would say, and in fact a lot of what he says sounds like things I either would say or need to hear, which is why I follow him.
I'm not sure why poetry is suddenly more appealing to me than prose right now, maybe just lack of time and inclination to work on anything I have in progress while others (mostly Alcar) are super excited about Camp Nanowrimo this month, and I kind of feel like I should do something productive while sharing a cabin with them. So I changed my goal to writing 30 poems this month.
Here's the first one.
And lo,
The longstanding knot had loosened so far
that the lightest touch of love was enough to make it come undone.
And so the fear smoothed away,
and unfettered sorrow came into the light of day,
and the tears flowed and let it all go,
and the healing could begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment