Well, so far I have 1902 words according to the official wordcount verifier, all of it in the first chapter of Amulet II. It took me 5 hours to do that. I need to have at least 2500 by the time midnight comes around - at which point I have to start all over again. And I have to do such things as sleep, work, and grocery shop tomorrow, so I'm not sure how I'm going to come up with another 600 words.
This does not bode well for my attempt at 100k. Must ... write ... faster ...
I'm thinking maybe the other 600 words should go toward Amulet I or Taint, whichever I find myself writing as my second novel. I'm doing Amulet II on Jer's Novel Writer - which is a really nifty bit of software for Macs. It's in beta and I ought to download the latest version at some point. I really like it so far. However, I won't always want to write at my computer - so maybe the second novel will be written during all the times when I'm not. The alphasmart is all set up to go too, after all.
Guess we'll see if I can scrape together enough time to eke out 600 words during the regular workday. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment