Well, I have 5997 total words thus far. 621 of those are mind-bogglingly bad, and they're all on Amulet I. The other 5376 words are decent enough. Not great, most of them. The first chapter was good enough to stick in my excerpt but I can't say the same for the second and third chapters ...
By the end of Day 3, if I still want to be on target, I need to have 7500 words. This means I'm technically behind by around 1500 words. I have no clue where I'm going to find the time to do it, as I've already skipped out on work early two days in a row now, and if I keep doing that someone is bound to notice ...
Also I'm a bit stumped for what to write as Chapter 4 in Amulet II. Back to Amulet I for the next thing I write! ... and see if I can at all salvage anything after the opener to the scene that I'm working on. *head, desk*
I would've done that tonight, except that I spent a huge chunk of time stalled out due to a software crash. (!) About a thousand words into a GREAT roll, I'm typing along, when suddenly in midsentence - POOF! All gone! I was so pissed that I couldn't write a thing for two hours afterward. And I couldn't go on until after I had reconstructed it from memory, and put it reasonably back together in a way that's not even close to how good it was originally. (*sob*) It took me twice as long to rewrite it as it did to write it the first time, and got fewer words out of it the second time because I was just too tired to wax as poetic about things again. Now I obsessively hit the save button after every paragraph. :p
Grrrr. Arrrrghhh. Software should not be allowed to crash! Ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment