SFR 2006 Final Count: 51,960 / 90,000 words
Dragonfly: 1841 (916 final count) +1012
Stranger on a Bus: 2673 (301 edit words)
What is it to be Human: 726
Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 13,732
Blogs: 28,125
RPoL: 1038
Well ... I did more than half my stated goal. That's a step up from how I do in most of these challenges. Yeah, I think I'm really only good for one big challenge a year, and that would be Nanowrimo. The rest of the time, I'm better off just plodding along at my slow but steady snail's pace.
I wouldn't say my three months were unproductive. Although I didn't write that many total words, I did get myself educated somewhat better about the whole publishing industry. I've started reading Miss Snark regularly, and paying attention to the blogs of other writerly type people (John Scalzi and Making Light, in particular). And thinking about writing in general beyond Fortress Launne. There's probably a lot of nonfiction short things I could do, if I knew about them.
Of course, on the flip side, I may be better off trying to focus on only one project at a time. Everything slows to a crawl when I'm doing lots of different things.
Oh well. Onward with the whole learning thing. Upward. :)
2006/07/31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment