I've run across a fairly sizable plothole in my plans for the July Novel Dare.
The idea was to have Craig cross paths with Rumen. Craig being the sole survivor of a grief-driven rampage that Rumen executed after Craig's relative killed off his human servant. There is only one problem with this ...
Craig was 4 when it happened. He's at most 40 now. That means that it happend 35 years ago.
Meanwhile, in Rumen's timeline, it happened 150-200 years ago.
Unless I want to add time-hopping to the story, or other Stupid Sci-Fi Tricks, this just isn't going to happen. :(
In other news, my living room and dining room are uncluttered now. The kitchen is clean except for the floor, and the only thing left to do in the bathrooms is a tub (and the floor). I'm down to floors, more or less. Lots of vacuuming tomorrow. It will take me all day to do that, just because of how slow I am at housework. So I've scheduled it in for a full day, during the day, wherein I'm taking the day off from work for the purpose.
The guests arrive Tuesday afternoon. The only thing I'll be doing on Tuesday is changing the bedsheets as soon as I get up. They'll get the bed with my only clean blanket, while I sleep on a foam mattress in my storage room, with all the boxes. I wasn't organized enough to make it to the laundromat with all the other blankets. I also didn't get a new lamp. However, she liked being in the dark anyway, so that hopefully won't be too terrible...
Hmmmmm. Wait. I could just say that Craig has an extended lifespan, since he's not actually entirely human anymore. Maybe he can live 200 years! Without having to make it so that all humans do! It could work! *dashes off to brainstorm that angle*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment