I guess all good things do eventually come to an end. Having just hand-migrated this entire blog off of Hobgoblin, which required me to reread every single post I ever wrote, I'm now reacquainted with all that there is to miss.
I liked the random inspirational quotes. Those had the habit of showing me exactly the one I most needed to see, when I most needed to see it. It had that effect on everyone, I think. We commented on them in our blogs all the time.
I liked that there was a blog feature. I liked that the blog feature was a group feature with other people's blogs. We had a great community back in 2005 because of those.
I liked that I could see at a glance of the front page, which blogs and forums had new posts and comments. It made it easy to keep up with what everyone was doing.
I liked a lot of little things about the place. Posting about my writing here on Blogger just isn't the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear Hobgoblin is broken ... it *was* a fantastic community, and I still miss people from there.
ReplyDeleteI still get that Disney quote ("dog it until it's done") popping up into my head whenever I'm having a hard time with a story.
Hehe yeah. That was a good quote.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to find Hobgoblin people on the Nanowrimo site (you, for example ;) ) and made a thread in Writing Groups. At the time it broke, though, there were only a few people left, and mostly just participating in the reading challenge.