2016/11/15

At the Halfway Mark

25,095 words.

I finished writing both what Mindy and Kim did during the battle, and what Nathaniel, Allen, and Pedro did during the battle. That didn't quite get me to 25k, so then I started the other half of what Jacob did during the battle (after he parts ways from Thomas), which will segue into him chasing down Brightspot to find out why the wolves were there. That should be worth another few thousand words.

After that: well, Thomas needs to report to the king eventually. I'm not sure what he needs to say at this point, is the problem. Chance also needs to come back, and I'm not sure what he needs to say yet either. I imagine that the second round of reports to the king will go like the first round, where the overall frame is a dialogue, and it's interspersed with the actual action scenes.

Overall I'm starting to get kind of bored with my story. Rewriting is definitely not as much fun as writing it the first time. Although I do get glimmers of sentiment that my story is a cobbled-together mess and who would want to read this claptrap anyway, so, that part of the experience isn't completely missing...

Probably I'm going to have to do a full rewrite for Amulet II too. Maybe I should just go through all of them individually doing rewrites for the next ten years. Woo hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment