2017/11/20

Bottom of Day 20

23,291 words.

This is not turning out to be a very wordy Nanowrimo for me. At this point I'll be happy if I get to the end of Amulet II. Which is likely within the next 5k words or so. Of course, I thought that I'd be done by 20k words, and then ended up going off on lots of roundabout tangents, and that might happen some more...

I've written most of what I said I needed to write in the previous post at this point. Haven't got back to the lemming basket, not sure if I will or not. There was one snag in there, when I reread Amulet I to refresh my memory on what happened with the pearl, and noticed that Aliacorba had actually taken it with him back then. So I had to write about 300 words of Triangle II to get Janis to put it back, so that it would be in position for the mages to steal it.

Overall, this whole story feels like it's just there to bridge gaps between stuff that happened earlier, and stuff that happened later. I'll have to assume that when I come back to it again, after some time off, that I'll be able to figure out how to make it its own worthwhile tale.

Next up: writing out the fallout after the funeral, where Antoine leaves the city. The original point of the story was to get Antoine and Adrien out of the picture via clashing with Mindy. I no longer remember why they need to be out of the picture, but, well, it's what my master timeline says happened, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment