2017/11/25

Done with Amulet II!

30,751 words to complete Amulet II. 254 of those were added to Triangle II, and 503 are discard words. (The official validator says 30,777.)

This is in addition to the 55k that I wrote in 2005, though a large amount of that version is getting moved into Triangle II. Most importantly, the story now has a reasonably workable beginning, middle, and end. :)

About half of the last 5k words was about Sue Ellen. I'm not actually sure it fits where it does, but not sure what else to do with it. Almost all of her story has to happen after Antoine has left, and it can't be immediately after - but there's not really much to Amulet II after his departure, so it pretty much all gets tacked on to the end. Maybe I should split it off into a separate short story or something.

Oh well. Now I have to figure out whether I can come up with 20k words on something else. I'm kind of thinking to maybe try out that starting premise I had in mind for the Celestines...

No comments:

Post a Comment