2017/11/30

Thus Endeth Nano 2017

9500 total words on The Celestines, according to the official validator (Scrivener says 9494).
40,277 total words for Nanowrimo 2017.

Well, I didn't officially win, but I still accomplished a lot. :) Amulet II has a beginning, middle, and end now. The Celestines is off to a good start, and there's interest locally in continuing to do weekly write-ins even though November is over, so probably I'll keep working on that one as time goes on.

I think basically what most motivates me to write The Celestines is that it's my way of responding to how the real world seems to be crashing and burning, as the U.S. slowly spirals down into the Dark Ages. :p

I started off the story the way I was figuring to do it back in October. A squad of soldiers get captured and taken into a Celestine outpost. The story then follows one of the soldiers around while he finds out what the Celestines are all about. At the moment, I'm not sure there's much actual story there, so much as a guy just wandering around exploring. He's out of stuff to look at in a basic exploratory outpost though, so maybe I should ship him off to an established city soon. Either that or some plot needs to actually happen.

Most of my names for people and places are coming from a random sci-fi name generator, which speeds things up quite a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment