Well, it's past noon on Sunday. 36 hours are gone and 36 hours are left. I have 8025 words and I've just started Chapter 5. I should be at the fun parts of this novel by the end of the day.
What have I got so far:
Chapter 1 - Paynetown, PA. Alan does an amazing physical feat while saving a little girl from being run over by a train.
Chapter 2 - Somerville, OH. Alan gives his leftover salad to a homeless bum, who then gets a phone call and her life gets turned around very suddenly.
Chapter 3 - Indianapolis, IN. A baby elephant breaks loose of a mall display and runs amuck until Alan creatively stops her using a piece of string, a block of swiss cheese, and 6 mounds of dirt.
I used a real city because I've actually been to the Greyhound station here. It's at Union Station. Granted I've only ever been there once for the station, though numerous times for the mall as a kid, but I decided to use it anyway.
Chapter 4 - en route to Ellington, IL. Freak traffic accident caused by a deer jumping in front of a sedan driven by a little old lady, who then collides with a semi, which jacknifes across the highway. Alan doesn't actually do anything for this one, but he does hand out lunch to everyone at the scene. There's a wisecrack about turning water into wine, but I've forgotten exactly how it goes with the bread and fish stories, so couldn't work those in. (Anyone want to explain it to me?)
Chapter 5 - the bus is going to get hijacked while en route to Choctaw, IA. Alan is going to save the day by summoning tornadoes.
Chapter 6 - the bus is going to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, probably in South Dakota. This is because the terrorists of Chapter 5 somehow managed to damage the fuel tank.
Chapter 7 - Wall Drug. :) They have an 80 foot purple dinosaur. Somehow that's going to be involved. This is going to be a very surreal chapter no matter how it turns out.
That's what's on my immediate radar for this afternoon. I'll continue outlining out the rest of it after I'm done with chapter 7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment