2005/09/03

Labor Day Novel: Mush, mush!

Actually that pretty much describes how I feel about Chapter 2, too. It's awful. So bad that I'm a bit blocked at the moment for how exactly to keep going with the scene I'm trying to write.

Chapter 1 didn't turn out that bad at all - but that was probably because I kept editting things as I went along. It took me 4 hours to write slightly under 2k words, so I guess my cruising speed is 500 words an hour. I'm in trouble if I can't speed up. 500 words an hour means 20 hours a day, which is bad.

3343 total words so far. Unfortunately I'm about to get interrupted because my coworker with the Sam's Club card, who has a knack for only being available to take me to Sam's Club during the most inconvenient possible days ... wants to go this afternoon. *sigh* I should decline, but I need to pick up a few things and have needed to go for over a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment