30 / 90 days to go | 60 / 90 days gone
35,973 / 90,000 words done | 24,027 words behind
Dragonfly: 1841 (916 final count)
Stranger on a Bus: 2673 (301 edit words)
Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 8470
Blogs: 20,176
Caught up on all roleplay again (*gasp... wheeze...*). My favorite GM was around to pester me to get my sorry arse in gear, so I did. Took me all night, but I did. Managed to reduce the "words behind" category slightly in the process.
[members-only cut]
Major new development for the July novel dare story (which I've decided just earlier today is going to be my July novel dare story (which I hadn't actually planned to join until today either)): Aniqa is going to be Craig's original target, he's going to catch up with her while she's in the process of failing abysmally at convincing Aaron that vampires are nice, which would've been getting her in trouble with Hernando anyway even if Craig hadn't been around. I like it that way because that's what happened in the game, and I can just write forward from that; it makes perfect logical sense for the story to flow forward that way. I'll be changing the names of Aniqa and Hernando, of course, as those aren't my characters. Basically I just need to retain the basic idea of them and their plot functions.
I'll be ditching a large number of side plots from the game, though. First, Mariah has explicitly said that she doesn't want me to write about her character or the werewolf pack, so I'm just going to omit the werewolves entirely. Then, in the game there's room for a lot more vampires than my story; I'm just going to leave it as Rumen and Hernando, with Aniqa as one of Hernando's underlings. In the game there was a third vampire that was muscling in on Hernando's territory, but that's not really terribly relevant to what I have in mind, and it's not my story anyhow, so out it goes. Also, I'll probably skip the whole Damisa thing. She was fun for developing some of Rumen's entourage, but not terribly relevant either. I'm not even sure how I'm going to work in his cat collection as it is, or whether I ought to, fun as they were.
I have an opening scene in mind too. Craig arriving, finding Aniqa, getting ready to kill her off, and Hernando stepping in. They have a chat that ends with Rumen introduced at the end.
I need to rename the characters that aren't mine, real soon like.
But it's past dawn, I'm not actually sleepy, but tomorrow is going to drag badly, I can tell already...
Oh, and I got nothing housework-related done today either. Must... start... uncluttering...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment