2007/12/21

Roleplaying

I barely even look at RPoL anymore. Four and a half years of mostly great times have gone by, but at this point my slow creeping burnout has finally gotten far enough advanced that it's time to think about cutting loose completely.

At the moment I'm:
a) Running a game with 12 characters in it and three more trying to get in.
b) Playing 5 characters in four games (one of them active, the others moving in fits and starts), plus another 4 in mostly-dead games.
c) Helping run a few scenes in one of the mostly-dead games.

I can't work up the motivation to do anything in my own game, barely manage to come up with player posts in other games, and have basically no interest in replacing dead games with new ones. Also, even when I do have inspiration, I mostly want to use it in other writing pursuits (fiction, blogging, occasionally wikipedia) or maybe even reading. Trying to get my mind into roleplay mode is just getting too hard. Even when my favorite roleplay buddy is around and excited, it doesn't drag me into it the way it used to.

And yet, when I go into my game to write the official hiatus post, I just end up sitting there staring at the threads I need to update instead.

I guess I fail at declaring my failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment