Thank the gods for past blog posts!
Christmas break has started, and instead of doing what I was originally planning to do - finish up the tail end of Edward - I was suddenly struck with an overwhelming urge to do something involving my What is it to be Human? characters. Back in summer 2006, I'd gotten just over 700 words into an intro to a story based on the plotline of that game, when suddenly the game came out of dormancy and my story became moot.
Well. Now the game is dormant again, and has been since last May. There's no sign that the GM is ever planning to come back. All of the original players are now gone too. I think this time it really is dead.
Of course, with a year and a half having passed since I even thought about my little tale, I'd completely forgotten everything I'd been planning to do with it. So I sort of floundered around today, trying to remember - until it occurred to me to check back on my past blog posts here. And voila! Suddenly it's a good thing I rambled on and on about it for weeks. :)
In a nutshell then:
1. Craig was hired by the owners of the zoo Jessica demolished, to have her destroyed.
2. Craig gets captured by Rumen, who takes him to Hernando.
3. Hernando is already displeased with Jessica, who has been doing a terrible job of convincing Aaron that vampires aren't all that bad.
4. They make a deal where Hernando will let Craig have Jessica, IF Craig can first convince Aaron that not all vampires are bad, and to let Hernando talk to him.
5. Hernando assigns Rumen to assist Craig. In theory, since they're working closely together on something, they will have plenty of opportunity to discover their shared ancient history.
I've done the first one, and now I'm at the beginning of #2.
There's now also another dimension to the story - the plot bunny that drew me back into this in the first place. A scene set a couple hundred years back, when Rumen was just getting done raging about the loss of his human servant, and moving on into a fugue state. He meets a mortal woman and her child, she's dying, and somehow she foists care of the child onto him. Through taking care of the child while taking the child back to its own people, we (hopefully) get to learn just what he'd been up to just prior to the point of meeting them. Which sets up the other end of where Craig came from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment