2007/12/14

Writing plans for the rest of this month

Well, it looks like I've basically reached a longterm stall point on Edward at 53k words. My current plan is to see if I can get back into it when Christmas Break starts.

I won't be seeing family this year. They can't afford to come down here, and I'm not keen on driving back up there again since I was just there in October. Where I work, we get 12 total holiday days per year - and 7 of them are all in a row for Christmas. Also, I don't actually celebrate Christmas. All of that means that, including weekends, I have eleven days of (nearly) uninterrupted time coming up (I'll probably still be working at the takeout). It could be a mini-pseudo-Nanowrimo!

Hopefully that'll give me the time to break through the stallpoint on Edward and finish the damn story. I'm still where I was when last I posted - just before the big ritual. But for some reason I don't feel like I'm ready to write it yet - like there are still pieces missing, probably an entire subplot involving Charles and Felna, which I've only barely roughed in thus far. So I have about a week to ruminate on it and figure out what I'm doing next.

In other news, most of my non-work/non-sleep time lately has been more focused on my blog. It sucks up a lot more time than it really probably should, especially taking into account that I seem to have gotten sucked into a whole network of daily blogs, and I read and comment on other people's even moreso than I spend trying to think of stuff to say on my own.

My game is still creeping along. I've only managed to update it once this month - after not updating it at all in November, and not much in October. I haven't been able to get my mind into roleplay mode for quite some time, and deep down I think I might never get back fully into it again. Not anytime soon, anyhow. I've been moving on to doing all sorts of other things and would really like to focus more on writing again.

Of course, I think that every year at this time, then end up majorly blocked on writing, and then get seriously into roleplaying from January to March ... so who knows. Maybe it's just part of the yearly cycle. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment