And now for some more brainstorm notes...
To tie the Endron plotline in with the rest, the bad guy of the Myan Invasion plotline needs to be the same one. Furthermore, an additional side effect of the new experimental gas is that it invigorates zombies. That would give the bad guy an actual reason to want to build a factory to make the gas. (Endron Oil itself is either unaware of this particular side effect, or they don't consider it particularly important.)
I've decided his name is Mort Lewis. He only just got mentioned by name tonight. I have no development on him whatsoever. Basically, his role is to plot the overthrow of the Myan court on ideological grounds. He thinks that the people should be ruling themselves, not constantly submitting to immortal kings. So he has a deal with the demon, which is that the demon will raise the zombies for him to use as a decoy during the attack, and then after he's done flattening Myan, the demon gets to march the zombies on Fortress Launne. The demon, meanwhile, sees the attack on Myan as the decoy activity, when the real objective is to destroy the spells that bind him underground in Fortress Launne.
The Rouge Rogues are in charge of the zombie-raising aspect of the attack, and he has other bands that have been preparing the other parts. Whatever those other parts may be - I haven't decided. In fact, I have no idea how one goes about taking over a city. It would probably help if I had any kind of political structure in mind for Myan, but thus far the only structure I have is one king and one prince (that acts like an XO). There ought to be more people in this government... well, I suppose there are a large number of coexisting mob organizations in Myan, which is the actual governmental bodies in practice, but there should probably be some figureheads, shouldn't there?
Meanwhile, the king of Myan also has no idea that an attack is coming. That's the simplest way to explain why he has no preparations whatsoever against it (because, as a corollary to not having any idea how one goes about attacking a cityy, I also have no idea how one would go about defending one).
I suspect that this particular story would've been a great one for snowflaking. Oh well...
Meanwhile, I've gotten much slower on the writing. I never know what I'm going to write next. At the moment I'm trying to wrap up the serial killer plotline - they've captured Zeke, and now they're in the process of getting the spell on him broken. After that their attention will turn to the other three plotlines. Because the zombies are going to get released next, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment