2008/11/09

Day 8: 17,323 words

Somehow I wrote nearly 4k words today, even though the whole day felt like I was going around in pointless circles. I think the problem is that I still don't have a workable viewpoint character through which to tell the story. I thought I'd found a couple, but, no... it turns out the cop I invented wasn't it, because all he's been doing so far is library research. And Martha, who is posing as a secretary that is trying not to blow her cover, well, she's not doing anything in the high action-adventure realm either. Basically, as far as I can tell, all I'm doing is writing an expanded, revised version of my notes.

I'm also about 10k words behind where I was hoping to be. Taking three days off wasn't too helpful. Hopefully I'll manage to figure out something exciting to write about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment