2008/11/15

Approaching Halfway: 30,155 words

Well, I seem to start every entry with the word "well." Oh well?

I'm about 20k behind where I was hoping to be by now. Looks like I might have to scale back my ambitions this year, too. One of these years, though, I shall actually make it to 100k!

It's not that I'm writing slow, either. When I'm actually writing, it goes by pretty fast. But there are lengthier pauses in between. I've had a lot more days of 0 words this year than any other year. I've also reached the part of the story that is beyond my notes, and where things start getting ridiculously complicated, which means I have to go slower if I want to keep track of what I'm doing well enough not to end up with gigantic plot holes later. There's already one time paradox, where two characters talk about a bunch of stuff in one scene that they can't possibly know all in that same scene; luckily it's easily fixable via breaking it up into two separate scenes later.

So, carrying on the theme of trying to keep track...

1. I need to develop the part of the serial killer plotline where they actually attempt to find the serial killer, and not just figure out what he did in the past. This means coming up with clues to throw at the cop guy.

2. Stranahan is ordering Bordoni to survey his land for environmental damage before he'll be allowed to sell it to anyone.

3. Mindy has Norm Owani in one of her dungeons. She's just unaware of who he is.

4. Mindy made some sort of outrageous request that Stranahan, against his better judgement, is granting. No clue what this could possibly be.

5. Kim is auditing the Myan warehouses.

6. Nathaniel has just learned that a) the killer's victims turn into the zombies, and b) the demon he's got locked up is who the killer is sacrificing them to. This means he really, really wants to get his hands on the serial killer.

7. Nathaniel is also planning to capture one of the zombies to study it, and figure out how to destroy them.

8. Stranahan is sending men and supplies to bolster Myan's defenses. Not sure yet whether Suunja is included in that.

9. Jacob could maybe be part of the environmental survey team on Bordoni's land.

10. Morraina is still analyzing the stolen oil. And she wants to know how the zombie thing turns out too. Maybe she can help study how to destroy them.

11. Somewhere on Master Byers' former land, there are bodies buried. This should somehow be important to the Endron subplot.

12. Suunja is comparing the list of zombies to the list of serial killer victims. He's going to notice the victims of Norm Owani.

13. Somehow need to throw in a clue that the killer is Zeke.

Hmmm. So far I'm not really seeing anything jump out at me for what to write next. That could be a problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment