2005/07/26

SFR Last Gasp?

SFFMuse Summer Fun Run: [ 19,138/60,000 | 55 days down | 6 days left ]
Uneditted roleplay: 9909
Writing-heavy roleplay: 2232
Temple: 4555
Taint: 2442

If I'm lucky I'll make it to 20k by the end of the run. Heh. And they will probably all be roleplay words too.

Tonight I got myself most of the way caught up on rpol games, except for one game where the effort expenditure is going to be quite high. I'm still psyching up for that one. Meantime, I posted all the little and medium sized ones to get them out of the way so they'd stop niggling at the back of my mind. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to focus on the pair of big ones I need to do.

I also started my Werewolf game. Only two players so far but I figured I might as well run them through some solo scenes before the main opener with all of the PCs together. That way they can get acquainted with their characters, and I can get a feel for their personalities. There's at least two more players working on characters for the game, but they've been slowed down by Real Life so I don't know when they'll be ready to start.

It took me a while to come up with something presentable enough as openers for the game. I suck at beginnings. Blank Page Syndrome hits with roleplay, too. So it took a while for me to come up with useable opening material for them. Now that it's launched, though, I'm feeling pretty good about it all. :)

My Hunter character launched today too. The GM started her off with a cool nightmare. He's really damn good at openings. :p Wish I could do that.

Meanwhile, the Head ST is still missing. It's been nearly 3 weeks since he was last seen. He really didn't sound to me like the sort who would vanish for no good reason, so I hope that he comes back soon, with explanations of where he's been. Hopefully he hasn't gotten hit by a truck or something... I don't know what we're going to do with the game(s) if he doesn't come back. Probably we'll end up moving out into separate games. I'm thinking give him a full month before we start figuring out contingency plans though.

On a completely unrelated note, I've noticed that the number of buttons for blog options has multiplied in my absence. :p I don't know whether I'm going to use the "details" feature. I prefer to read everyone's full entries on the main blog page, so I can see everything at once without having to do lots of clicking, and thus my own blog will probably stay set up so that I (and other people) can do that.

I might use the "members only" separator occasionally. That will come in real handy next time I want to post up a sample of my writing and keep it rights-protected, and also keep it with my blog entry instead of separating it out to the forum. Hmm. I wonder if I can edit past blog entries to include those snippets...

I tried clicking on the "update ping" thing for my last entry but as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything... Haven't messed with the trackback URL field since I don't know what that's supposed to do either.

Hmm. The run-ons are getting longer and longer in here. :p This means that it's definitely time for me to head for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment