Well, like I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before, I signed on to help run a very ambitious roleplaying venture involving many games spread over three different time periods. I called Dark Ages, and so now I'm in charge of about half the plotlines of the Dark Ages. There's three GMs who are handling the modern era, and then the main GM is doing Classical Age (Roman Empire).
The main GM sort of disappeared last Thursday and hasn't been seen since. Since then, the game has kind of exploded with activity. We've had a huge influx of player applicants to process between the rest of us. Probably in large part because we get to bump our game ad on Mondays, which is when a lot of people started showing up. I now have three players for werewolf (possibly 4), and potentially one for vampire.
All of this, right before I have my two back-to-back cruises. The first one is tomorrow afternoon to Friday afternoon. Saturday I get to help load the boat for the next cruise, which is probably going to take the whole day. Then from Sunday to the following Saturday, I'm at sea.
I'm planning to take my Werewolf book to read on the first cruise for a cram session so I can figure out just how exactly I want to get the setting worked up. I have glimmerings of ideas for how to start off my three players. Those need to be fleshed out. But before all that, I sort of need to learn the game...
I did order an Alphasmart Dana which I'm hoping will show up before the second cruise. On that one, I need to continue cramming for Werewolf, and also take along my Hunter book because I have to make a character. My favorite GM is running Hunter as one of the modern era plotlines and I play in everything he runs. ;)
Somewhere during all that, I need to write up a bunch of threads with the setting info, and make NPCs and things. This will probably be during the second cruise. If I'm lucky with the Alphasmart, I'll be able to post it all the weekend after I get back, and start the game during the last week in July.
Hopefully after all that, I'll stop being busy. There will still be new players coming in, but the bulk of the setup work should be over.
So I guess the plan is to see if I can survive July, and then in August I'll get back to Stranger on a Bus as my top priority. Sooo much work to get ready for that!
It's kind of odd but I actually feel a lot more focused now than I have in quite a while with my creative projects. This game is really anchoring me in a way I think I've needed for a while. It's giving me ideas for my Fortress Launne series too, so it might be a part of the whole rumination thing.
2005/07/13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment