2006/06/11

10 days into Month 2

50 / 90 days to go | 40 / 90 days gone
22,954 / 90,000 words done | 17,046 words behind

Dragonfly: 925
Stranger on a Bus: 2372
Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 5110
Blogs: 11,734

The bus story is starting to languish again. I'm stalled out on the rest of the highway chase scene. My mind, meanwhile, seems to have decided to move on to something else. What that would be, though, I'm not really sure. I sort of feel vaguely like working on something that's different from what's on my plate now, but I don't know what.

I did a bit of freewriting last night and will probably continue with that for a while, see if anything interesting jars loose. This year freewrites don't count for SFR though.

There is one topic that has been tugging at me for a while though. I'm not sure how to define it, except by looking at the types of songs that do the tugging. In particular:

Audioslave's "Show Me How to Live"
Diablo's "The Preacher"
System of a Down's "Chop Suey"
Evanescence's "Tourniquet"
Metallica's "The God that Failed"

This has been going on for years. The Metallica song is my theme song for my Anitaverse vampire, Rumen. The Evanescence song is (very, very strangely) the theme song for my Anitaverse necromancer, Aaron (and I have no idea why that is).

So I know I'll be writing something that's rooted in Catholicism and its practices in some way. Something that is about falls and redemptions. And it's been in deep rumination for a very long time.

On a lighter note, I get occasional glimmers of inspiration toward the opening scene for Taint. I've figured out that what I need to do is focus on Aliacorba's POV, starting from when he was a perfectly normal mortal going about his normal daily life. Hopefully I can pin it down into a scene of some sort at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment