31 / 90 days to go | 59 / 90 days gone
34,870 / 90,000 words done | 24,130 words behind
Dragonfly: 1841 (916 final count)
Stranger on a Bus: 2673 (301 edit words)
Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 7813
Blogs: 19,730
Well, I'm not slipping behind because of the massive blog entry I wrote a couple days ago. I'm not pulling ahead either.
Most of two bathrooms are now clean. So are the kitchen counters and the sink. Still to do: stovetop; insides of microwave, toaster oven, and fridge; bathtub; paper clutter in the living room and dining room; vacuuming living room*, dining room, and bedroom; washing all the blankets and sheets (requires a laundromat); buying a living room lamp**; dusting.
*I can't vacuum after I get home from work, because I get home so late that it's past bedtime for everyone around me. So that'll have to be over the weekend - which is fine, since I need to clear the clutter first anyhow.
**I've been sitting here mostly in the dark for several months, after my halogen floor lamp died. The bulb burned out, I replaced it, it still won't turn on even though the bulb looks okay. I was annoyed with it anyway because it has a built-in failsafe feature that causes it to turn off if the bulb gets too hot. Well, since I like extremely bright light, I was putting bulbs in that all the warnings say are of too high a wattage ... and I couldn't use the bright setting because of the feature. So even with high-watt bulbs, I was still in dim light. :(
Also, on the writing front: I'm now over a week late in updating my own game, and writing a reply to another game (that might be one post or many, I don't know yet). I have three other characters to post in two other games.
After my visitors next week, the first thing I want to tackle is Dragonfly. If I can get that into shape before the end of July, I can still submit it. After that, my original plan was to dive back into Amulet II but ... I have a whole other story that's been niggling at me. With What is it to be Human? dormant, I miss my characters, and they demand to be written. So I might do that one instead. The plotline continues to unfold in my head whether I want it to or not - and I want it to. Aside from Craig and Rumen, Aaron is going to get roped into it too. As the assigned task. Poor Aaron. ;)
"The story...must be a conflict, and specifically, a conflict between the forces of good and evil within a single person."
--Maxwell Anderson
That's the theme for the new story. Rumen is that person.
As for tonight, I didn't do squat. I sat here and powerchatted. And now I'm going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment