2006/06/06

Bus story moving forward at a good clip

54 / 90 days to go | 36 / 90 days gone
21,673 / 90,000 words done | 14,327 words behind

Dragonfly: 925
Stranger on a Bus: 2181
Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 4784
Blogs: 10,970

My brain is starting to settle back into the rhythm of actual writing again. It feels good. The bus story is probably the easiest for me to get into, in terms of its lack of high-falutin' language, and the fact that I pretty much know what I want to do. Once Ned got away from the news reporter, things started moving forward quite fast.

He has now stolen the armoured car that Alan is imprisoned in, and they're going down the highway trying to evade the cops. I just finished some complex passing maneuvers, and the next thing will be a long stretch of deserted road. I'm planning to hit him with miniature versions of everything he ran into in the past nine chapters, as an increasingly desperate attempt by Nature to stop them from getting to the bus station.

Once they get past all that, I probably should end the chapter and start a new one. Chapter 10 is already going to be five times longer than the previous nine chapters.

So that would mean Chapter 11 is the scene in the bus station where Alan gets the phone call he needs. Not sure how long this will be yet. Depends on whether there will be any complications resulting from the car chase. It could be as short as Chapter 6, which was only around 1k words.

Then Chapter 12 will wrap it all up.

Hmm. Every time I say that while I'm running a game scene, it means that plot complexities will mushroom things out into the stratosphere and it'll take ten times longer for anything to even start looking like a conclusion... if that happens with this story, I might end up with a novel after all. ;)

At the moment, the total on Bus is 22,234 words. Guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment