41 / 90 days to go | 49 / 90 days gone
28,418 / 90,000 words done | 20,582 words behind
Dragonfly: 1841 (916 final count)
Stranger on a Bus: 2372
Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 6259
Blogs: 15,133
My weekend plans were to do a bunch of household chores, and a bunch of editting for the bus story. Well, household chores are basically a lost cause at this point. I got some laundry done (good thing because I was running out of underwear). I did almost no writing at all.
[members-only cut]
What happened instead? A bunch of friends from RPoL managed to convince me to get a Livejournal. Finally, after months of talking about their friends-only posts that I can't see without being a member there. And it turns out that there's all sorts of shiny buttons involved in setting up an LJ blog.
Several hours later, when I was tired of tinkering with the color scheme, I ended up with this. :D
Meanwhile, unbekownst to them, I started a different blog there. A topic blog. I decided that Scenes from the Inside of a Chinese Takeout needed to be one. Every weekend I end up with more stuff I want to say - but it's day-to-day things, mostly, about whatever happened while I was there. I have a lot of anecdotes about ways I've managed to screw up, like the time I hit a wrong button on the credit card machine, which caused all business at the front counter to come to a halt (with like ten people in line) while Linda figured out how to fix it. Or the two new-hire cooks who didn't understand the concept of "why don't we let the English-speaking people speak to the customers and pass out food, while the cooks stay in the back and cook the food to be passed out, so that they aren't standing there waiting for it and therefore needing to be talked to."
There's a lot of stuff like that going on all the time, and there was nowhere really to go into it at great length before. I'll probably write lots of lengthy entries at first as I catch up the blog for the first couple months of those. Then it'll move into a weekly format, for just whatever happened during that weekend.
(Incidentally, I'd prefer that Galen not tell everyone about this blog, as it will include a lot of information about me that I'd rather some of them not know. Of course, for that matter, there's a lot of info in this blog that also qualifies... erm. Keep up the good work of keeping quiet. :D )
Anyway, so I really need to get started editting Stranger on a Bus. I don't know why I keep putting it off. It's like I have to psych myself up for it. And each chapter is good for around 2k words toward my SFR wordcount, which is sinking farther and farther behind... :( Must... begin... editting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment