Okay, so I stand corrected. Prewriting organization is not what I needed. What I needed was a swift kick in the pants.
There's a person in particular who shows up in the RPoL chat channel, that I really dislike. To the point where I actually have her on permanent ignore. Well, she showed up right after I was giving up for the night, and it turns out that she's also writing for nanowrimo, and furthermore, she had 1500 more words than me.
I couldn't go to bed leaving it like that. That would just be wrong! So now I'm at 13,434 words, which is 274 more words than she has. :p
The extra words got added to the Janis novel. Current score is now: 8275 on Janis, 5159 on Amulet I Take 2.
I wrote a fairly hefty argument between Janis' mother and grandmother. Then I followed it up with some more conversation while they were unpacking in the hut they'll be staying in over the course of the visit. And I ended by having her go down to the stream to fetch some water, wherein she ran into some cougars. And that's where I've left her - sitting in the grass cuddling a cougar cub and completely confused about this. :D
And now it's past 3am, and I'm not going to get enough sleep before the first thing I need to do tomorrow. Oh well. Such are the sacrifices made during nanowrimo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment