2006/11/24

Top of the 25th

My productivity has been pretty good overall this past week or so, and ironically, if I'd managed to be this productive at the beginning of the month, I would actually stand a chance at getting to 100k. As is, though, I'll be lucky to get to 75k.

Oh well. There's always next year.

Wordcounts:
Janis - 22,075 words
Amulet I - 38,227 words
total - 60,302 words

At the moment I've been trying to get Amulet I past 50k words so I can claim the certificate. Somehow I managed to write an average of 4k words over the past four days. So at least I know I can, if I quit getting distracted and put my mind to it.

That epiphany thing didn't actually last very long ... inserting an amulet at the silo got me another 13k words very quickly, what with the events surrounding the explosion and then followed by all the fallout. However, the characters pretty much didn't do what I was expecting them to do. At all. Instead, they pondered all sorts of other things and at one point derailed the plot entirely.

Oh well. Thanks, Emiko, for the happy dance. :)

And now I don't actually know where I'm going. I've ridden the amulet thing as far as it's going to go, and I'm stuck again. Somehow I need to fill out an entire day full of events so I can get to the next evening, when the big bad guy is going to show up and be mean to them ... but before that, there has to be stuff in between. The characters aren't going to just sit there doing nothing the whole time after all.

And that's where I'm now stuck. It's morning and I've finished the one scene I had in mind, and I'm at the start of another scene that makes sense except that I've forgotten what I was planning to do with it. My brain is too tired to help me, even with caffeine. And I am less than 2k words from 40k.

So this blog entry is just for me to blather a bit in the hopes that something jogs loose. The rest of you can stop reading now if you want. ;)

Let's see. Ahlosarka is standing around in the fort with nothing to do while he waits for the meeting to start.

Edward is still asleep.

Aliacorba and Charles are walking back to the fort from their morning scene.

The tribal chieftain could turn up, I suppose, but they pretty much covered everything they need to talk about the night before.

Or I could just start the darn meeting. Which is about ... umm. Battle plans against the incoming shadowlord. Not that I have come any closer to figuring out how exactly they're going to defend themselves. So I suppose they'll all sit there and look lost at each other or something. For 2k words.

*head, desk*

Might as well get to it and hope something turns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment