2007/11/23

Back to the circles!

Well, I've managed to pass 40k, and I've noticed that not only don't I have a Bad Guy in this part of the story, I pretty much suck at making bad guys in general. Anytime I think I've made a plausible bad guy, he turns into a good guy. Edward was originally supposed to be the bad guy in this thing after all. I think I must be doomed to write stories where everyone always gets along. Either that or I need to make them more 2D from now on.

Maybe not all stories need bad guys though. Some of my favorite ones didn't really have one - just lots of people all working toward a common goal, and overcoming obstacles along the way. Of course, the two examples off the top of my head (IDIC Epidemic, Hellspark) are also both examples of bad writing, so that probably tells me something too.

There also keeps popping up weird bits of scenes that point toward a completely different story than what I think I'm writing. Something about a prophecy, with a tree that is really a door to the lands of the fae. I think some of the Emerald Sword themes are trying to bleed over or something.

Anyhow. At the moment, they're all in one of the native folk villages, called Glavni. The natives didn't know quite what to make of Edward and didn't take very good care of him, so now Charles and James are trying to put him back together again.

I guess the next thing to do is introduce the kid that Charles is supposedly going to take under his wing. We'll see if that actually happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment