2007/11/26

End of Day 26: Almost to 50k

At the moment I have 48,415 words. That means I have maybe one longish chapter left, or possibly two smallish ones, before I hit 50k.

I still have no idea what I'm doing. And I'm nowhere near done.

Let's see... what has happened since last I left off...

Well, first, to say that Charles took the child under his wing would be an understatement. Charles and the kid latched onto each other almost instantly and now they're inseparable, and it has brought a lot of new, unexpected joy to his life. Now he must ponder a fork in his life path - to continue tending to Edward and staying devoted to his family, or to foster a whole new life with his adopted son.

On the other hand, Edward is dead. Not long after he adopted the kid, they figured that out. Charles took it very hard. I think that was the first time I ever wrote something that made me cry.

So now they have to figure out how to end things for Edward and set him free from eternal pain. Meanwhile, the war on the plain has started, with the natives taking it before the Aunlanian army arrives, as seen through the eyes of Moraina, who has packed up and gone to Branitel.

At the moment, I sort of feel like I'm missing some vitally important pieces to the puzzle before I can move forward with what happens to Edward next - and since I don't know what the pieces are, I'm going around in big, pointless circles. It's funny how I know basically where I'm going, but not in enough detail to ever have any clue what to write. And even with being stalled out between every single chapter, I still seem to somehow manage to be stumbling in the right direction. But overall I feel pretty good about my story. Everything feels like I'm getting it right for a change (or at the very least not wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment